Friday, April 17, 2009

family reunion

I had been unable to post anything in this blog for some time. My wife and two children arrived exactly a month ago, and I had been busy with buying furniture, enlisting their names in my residence permit, getting the kids into a school, and trying to make them get used to life here without feeling bored. The last task, fighting boredom, is still a challenge, especially as far as my better half is concerned. To break the monotony of staying at home, I take them to shopping malls and restaurants, and sometimes to the Corniche or to meet friends. But now the monotony breaking routine itself has become monotonous, and I don't know where else to take them or what else to do. Luckily, some of our neighbours (from the subcontinent) are very social and call on us from time to time. They have made the adaptation process of my family much easier.

No comments: